Friday, November 24, 2006

Bearded or not... (Argggggg....)

As most of you guys know I'm attempting to grow a beard. I just don't know about it though. At first I asked myself why am I even doing it? Then I so remembered (on a drunken night) that I received $2 in tips at Bill's bar for agreeing to grow one. It's funny how that works. But anyway, It almost makes me feel like a pirate or something. It's only been..... I believe 5 or 6 days since I started the actual growth process and it kind of sucks! But because I said that I was going to do it I'll keep it for at least a couple of weeks(as long as this damn itching goes away in the next couple of days!!).


I thought that some of you might find this interesting. I'm going to show you what I do, well not what I do because that's boring, but what goes on at National Cart(my work). Oh, this is not what my day generally consists of. It's usually a little more involved, but since I have a slow day I thought it would be cool to do.
This is a robotic arc welder. I actually brought Lilly into work once and when we were walking I asked her if she wanted to see a robot. With a natural 4 year olds response being, "You guys have a robot?!" I replied "Yeah we do." Totally not prepared for what I was about to encounter, we walked up to this robot and I said, "Well, there it is." She says, "I don't see any robots daddy." I then say, "It's right in front of us", as I point to the robotic arm. Wait, here it comes, she then said, "Daddy, that's not a robot, robots look like people!" Dumbfounded and shocked by her response, I then thought, Mr. Obvious!! I then proceeded with a 15 minute conversation with, what seemed to be about an hour, Lilly about how all robots don't just look like people. Needless to say I learned something that day.
Below is the actual process for welding a side rail for a Cart Coral. You know, those things you put your shopping carts in at Wally World or the grocery store.
The next picture is the process for welding the "header" as we call it. This is the part of the Cart Coral that has the sign on it that usually says "Please return carts here." So simple, but aren't those guys doing a great job!! What you don't see is me behind the camera with a whip saying, "Hurry up darn it!!
The next one directly below is just simply some carts that we make for Lowe's Home Improvement stores. You know, those things you put your lumber and crap on.
These below are some items that have yet to be powdered coated. If you ever notice when you go into Wally World right by the front doors a park bench. Yes, these are the same ones, just bare metal. Woooooooow!!! Amazing isn't it?
I don't know, maybe it's me, but do you think someone has way to much time on their hands or what? Interesting as it maybe, have you ever seen such comedy in a bathroom stall??
Ever wondered what they do with all the old shopping carts from stores, well wonder no more, we buy them for little or nothing and make a retarded profit just by fixing them up. This is only about 1/5 of the used cart supply we have here. Inside the building there is about 5 times this many.
No, we don't work for the city or state but we do make stop signs for Target. Ours look so much prettier, don't you think???



Well, I've just about used all my break and lunch time so that I could take you guys on a tour of National Cart Company. So I better get to work.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dave Morris said...

So I must admit I had no idea you made carts, stop signs and corrals. You've had a tour of where I work, but you haven't returned the favor! haha

I DID notice the beard though, in the 3 minutes I saw you last night after you woke up from your tryptophan coma. You got a whole night's sleep while we were playing (losing) poker! Hey, facial growth isn't easy. I can barely work up the Dobie Gillis look.

See you at the bonfire.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

Wait a second? You have to work today? That totally blows!

And just remember this: 83% of women find pirates HOT.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

That's a pretty interesting fact. I might just keep the beard! I almost forgot, I owe you a hug!!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Chris Johnson said...

Very interesting! Now I know what your work is like.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

i think you have too much free time!

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home