Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Cold to warm, back to cold!! (What the heck!)

I'm sure that all of you are aware of the weather situation in the great state of Missouri. I would love to see some snow though. As you all know Lilly is now 5 years old and I have yet to be able to take her sledding! I mean come on, where's all the snow been! Every year since Lilly has been old enough to comprehend what it means to go sled riding (since she was 3) she's asked me if we where going to go. I always tell her "Well, if it ever snows." I think the closest she's ever come to riding a sled was at Bill's on the hill by his house. I remember as a child that this use to be a yearly ritual for me and my friends every winter to go to Forrest Park ball field's and sled. There was always some kind of snow. But anyway, enough complaining about that. I'm sure that one day I will get to take her, snow willing.
I was informed today that I would be going to Ft. Lauderdale Florida in January. I don't know what to think about this. A lot of you are probably wondering if I'm nuts or something. Let me assure you that I'm not. I mean come on, I spend probably about 80% of my time with these people already. What makes them think I want to spend my other 20% with them. Me and about 10 of my fellow managers, engineers, and upper management would be going. At first I'm thinking, I don't know. But then the President of NCC starts in with the agenda. First we will fly down there on Friday, right after work. Next, after we are all settled in, we will be in a conference for most of the day on Saturday. (I'm not liking this deal yet!) Then, after all that is finished he starts in with the cool stuff. He has already chartered two deep sea fishing boats (I'm thinking about it now!). Then he says we'll all go out and just have a good time! I thinking to myself, "Is this my boss?" Don't get me wrong, I like working for the guy, he's a great person, but he can be a little anal retentive sometimes. After I thought about it for a little while, I guess will go. Who knows, I might have fun. It's a first for me anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Violet said...

Florida will be fun! You'll be glad to warmth!

Lilly will love sledding. Hopefully she will get to go this weekend... Too bad the roads were such a mess today.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home