Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Ft. Lauderdale was great!!

I had previously posted about going to Ft. Lauderdale. I wasn't sure about it at first but I'll tell you what, It was the most fun I've probably had in years!! Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of fun hanging out with all my friends but this was just a totally different experience for me.
Let me start the trip off for ya!! First, me and 15 of my fellow co-workers went to the airport for our flight. I was told that we needed to eat before we left so we needed to get to the airport a little early. We did that. Mind you, I usually don't hang out with people from my work, but I think I've earned a little more respect for ALL of them. After we sat down to eat the oddness set in. I mean come on, I thought that we were (Dr. Mike especially) the most perverted bunch of people that I've ever met. Well if we are then I found the second most perverted group of people to hang out with. We all give each other a hard time at work but they topped the cake in my eyes last weekend. It was great!! I've never heard so many cut down jokes in my life. After we got off the plane my boss met us at the airport with two rental cars that we took to the hotel. As we were checking in we were told to come over to the bar to have some drinks. Of course we did. The bar was kept open 5 hours later than it should've been. I guess when you have money you can do those things. The next morning we all woke up at 6:30am to have a small breakfast and some coffee. We spent about 8 hours or so with no breaks working on business. It wasn't to bad. I had originally thought that after we were finished that we would just do whatever. Boy was I wrong!! My boss told me and the others that we were going on a boat ride for the rest of the night. We get to my boss's father's house (the founder of NCC, he is retired and liven large!) and after a small tour of his amazing house we go to the back yard and I see this 60' yacht! I couldn't believe this thing! We all load up and head on our way. We were out for about 7 hours. We rode around in some canal ways, then on coast line for about 4 miles or so then back into a canal and stopped at a restaurant called Shooters. We got back to the house at about 10 or so. Then we did one of my favorite things, played poker. That was the easiest money I ever made playing Texas Hold'em. The way they were all talking I thought that at least half of them new how to play. Come to find out, they all need to practice a little more. It was still fun though. The next morning I was in for a treat. I had never been deep sea fishing before and I was totally looking forward to it. I'm glad I had the chance to experience it because it was a blast. We took off in the boat about 7:30am. As soon as we got about 1/4 mile into the ocean the fun began. There was a guy there that did everything for us except catch the fish. I personally caught two Kingfish and are you ready for this, a 150 pound hammerhead shark!! That's right, I said a shark! Now anybody that knows me also knows that sharks are probably one of my worst fears, so I never thought that it would be that exciting to catch one. Well I'm gonna get. Write some more later.
This is the beast that I caught!!!





























7 Comments:

Blogger The Lenk Family said...

Wow Doug, nice catch! It sounds like you had a great time! It is nice to get away for awhile and try new things. I can't wait to hear how the rest of the trip went!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Uncle Mikey said...

Awesome Shark!! hey, you should have told us you were playing poker, i could have sent you my $5 via paypal or something... any chance that shark's gonna end up stuffed over bill's bar?

9:50 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

why is it bleeding so much?!?! what did you do to it!!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Dave Morris said...

Mmmmm, shark. Did you clean it to bring home, or what? Shark is pretty tasty.

B-b-b-but I'm also afraid of the sons of bitches.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Glad to hear that you had a great time!! Congrats on your catch!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Ewwww.... That shark is bloody!!!

We missed you while you were gone but I'm thrilled that you had a fun time. Just getting out of St. Louis for any reason at all this time of the year is great; all the extra fun that you had is just icing on the cake!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Dr. Mike said...

Great trip!! Welcome back to O'fallon, man!

Looks to me like you shot the shark with a 44 magnum!! Ouch!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home